What are we up against?
REpresentative Rob Bishop is out to take our lands.
If the 2016 Utah Public Lands Initiative (PLI) would have become law, it would have taken more than 100,000 acres of the Ute Indian Tribe's Reservation Lands for the State of Utah. These 100,000 acres are within the oil and gas rich Uintah Basin, the very resources that the Tribe uses to fund its government, provide for its members, and support the local and regional economy. Through an all out organizing campaign, the Ute PAC helped to defeat the PLI in 2016. We need your help to fight Bishop and Chaffetz as they regroup their land-grabbing forces, potentially putting forward a new bill this Spring--while they continue to pressure President Trump into a hostile position toward the tribes.
Rep. Rob Bishop and some others in Congress are engaging in an all out assault on Indian sovereignty, Indian land and water rights, and even Indian identity rights. It is time the Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, stepped in and said enough is enough!
protect indian lands!
Check out Rob Bishop's fundraising: nearly 93% of his funding comes from outside of Utah, some from oil and gas interests, those who wish to take Utah's public lands and the Ute Tribe's ancestral lands! Click:
“The Ute Indian Tribe reservation is in danger.”
We need your help!
Representative Rob Bishop MUST be stopped!
- He tried to legislate the biggest Indian Land grab in more than 100 years!
- He has repeatedly violated the trust of the Ute Indian Tribe
- He treated court rulings that have settled Indian land questions with contempt
- He receives 93% of his financial support from outside of the State of Utah, 99% from outside his home district
- He has otherwise been a do-nothing Congressman with the worst absentee record of any other member!